Post by Email for Joomla
Post by Email Pro have built-in Grabber, support Joomla 3.3, 2.5 and Joomla 1.5. Post by Email support SSL and attachments, CSV import, can post in Ignite Gallery, in K2, on User Walls in JomSocial, in Kunena Forum and can post in selected by id topic in Kunena and can recognize exact match name of topic and automatically reply to the right topic in Kunena.
This page is Pro version of popular old free version of Post by Email. Latest PRO version for Joomla 1.5 is v.1.5.5, latest for Joomla 2.5 is v.1.8.6, latest for Joomla 3.xx is v.1.10.1 - released on 12 January 2015.
Only version for Joomla 2.5 support JomSocial! Old version for Joomla 1.5 support only Kunena versions before v.2.0. Version of Post by Email for Joomla 1.5 is not supported from 10.01.2013.
Post by Email for Joomla retrieves all your emails from a mailbox and automatically place them as content in Joomla! Post by Email allows sending of content to your Joomla content via email or cellphone. Pro version of extension support encryption and attached files and can post manual or automatic by your schedule with cronjobs!
Component can work with many configured email addresses - you can configure many email boxes with different preferences.
New features in Pro version of Post by Email:
- 24.11.2014: PostByEmail new Major version - v.1.10! Two new tabs, many new Scraper and content formatting functions! Now you have full control of imported content due on many new rules and filters - you can control titles, urls, meta description and body of imported emails! New functions are ONLY for Joomla 3 version!
- 16.10.2014: v.1.9.10. Now all versions have Ignite Gallery support (Ignite Gallery v.2 and v.3 are supported). Better support when importing images in Kunena forum.
- 29.09.2014: v.1.9.9 for Joomla 3 and v.1.8.6 for Joomla 2.5 - added video player options. Now you can import video from email and to show video player inside content.
- 23.09.2014: v.1.9.8 for Joomla 3 - fixed wrong image path bugs in scraper.
- 21.07.2014: Scraper functions added to Post by Email (Joomla 3 version only) - about 30% more functions are added in component. The power of Joomla Scraper inside Post by Email - now Post by Email have grabber functions from Joomla Scraper!
- 18.06.2014: Bug fixes in CSV import export component for Joomla 3.
- 02.04.2014: V.1.9.5 - Added CSV import functions in version for Joomla 3.
- Added Kunena 3 support in Joomla 2.5 and Joomla 3 version.
- Added Italian translation in Joomla 2.5 version.
- 16.04.2013: Fixes one notice in cron in version for Joomla 1.5.
- 15.10.2013: Updated Joomla 3 version: added new option "show attchment image".
- 15.04.2013: Updated Kunena parser (update of Auto-reply function for Kunena) in Joomla 2.5 and Joomla 3.0 version. Now PBE is able to parse "Re: [Forum] Topic (Category)" and "Re: Re : Re: Fwd : [Forum] Topic (Category)".
- 04.04.2013: v.1.7.8 for joomla 2.5 and v.1.8.7 for Joomla 3.0: added is Kunena parser. When you select to post as reply in kunena, forum category and topic options don't work - parser post email in the right topic with the name included in email title.
- 19 March 2013: v.1.7.7 for joomla 2.5 and v.1.8.6 for Joomla 3.0: added option to allow posting from all registered users.
- 19 March 2013: v.1.7.6 for joomla 2.5 and v.1.8.5 for Joomla 3.0: small fixes to support latest kunena and new option in admin - Reply tag.
- 04 March 2013: v.1.7.5 for joomla 2.5 and v.1.8.4 for Joomla 3.0: added option to import items in content and K2 with the same titles many times.
- 12 February 2013: v.1.7.4 for joomla 2.5 and v.1.8.3 for Joomla 3.0: if email is sent from email of registered user, author of content item in com_content or in K2 is associated with this user profile.
- 07 February 2013: v.1.7.3 for joomla 2.5 and v.1.8.2 for Joomla 3.0: TimeZone bug fixes.
- 01 February 2013: v.1.7.2 for joomla 2.5: is added option to add included as attachment picture in K2 tab "picture".
- 16.01.2013: V.1.8 for Joomla 3.x: Joomla 3 version.
- V.1.7.1 for Joomla 2.5: Is added language option for content and K2.
- Vesrion 1.7.0 for Joomla 2.5: xajax removed, code optimized and works with both Kunena 1.7 and 2.0.x. Kunena ver. 1.6 and below are no longer supported.
- New in v.1.6.4 - added is file extension type option and bug fix with imported from gmail images.
- v.1.6.3 - added is "Notify subscribers" option for Kunena and storing of information about the message sender's name and/or e-mail address (Joomla 2.5 version only).
- v.1.6.2 - added is Iphone mode - for posted from iphone emails with images (Joomla 2.5 version only)
- v.1.6.1 - added is Integration with Ignite Gallery. You can configure category in gallery where image and description will be posted and what user is owner of this picture (Joomla 2.5 version only).
- v.1.6.0 for Joomla 2.5 - added is Publish up date option (Joomla 2.5 version only)
- v.1.5.9 for Joomla 2.5 - added is support for non-standart charsets
- v.1.5.8 for Joomla 2.5 and v.1.5.4 for Joomla 1.5 - addes is function to remove html entities if strip "html tags" function is switched on.
- v.1.5.6: Allowed and forbidden emails option is added for more security.
- v.1.5.5: Mac support - Support for Apple Message framework messages is added (Joomla 2.5 version only)
- v.1.5.4: Subject of email going automatically to alt of imported images and to Meta description if using K2 or content.
- v.1.5.3: Post by Email Pro now support import to K2 component.
- v.1.4.6 and over for Joomla 2.5: Introtext separator and Introtext size [words] options.
- v.1.4.6 for Joomla 1.7: HTML container and Default position for attached images.
- v.1.4.4 pro and over: you can have single email parsed into multiple articles. A working example is available in package. It retrieves the articles author, title and intro for each article in email and passes the information back to the controller so that each article is published separately.
- v.1.4.4 pro and over: Duplicate content protection function (Work only with com_content)
- v.1.4.4 pro: You may choose where to publish the emails content in JomSocial: on the wall or as status update. If you choose to publish it as status update, you can control whether the "Comment" and "Like" buttons are enabled or not. (only version for Joomla 2.5)
- New option in Pro: Supported are attached files (see forum for more details)
- New in Pro: Option to configure when in content will be posted attachment. Post anywhere in content tag with name of attachment like [flowers.jpg] and attachment will be posted at this place in HTML code.
- Attachments can be any MIME filetype, you have option to configure what types can be accepted.
- New: Support for ssl encryption and base64 encoded e-mails. If received email is encoded, is automatically decoded.
- Strip HTML tags option - to strip or not html in email content.
- Allowed HTML tags - to strip only selected html tags.
- Subscribing email address - for Kunena forum.
- Component can post in selected by id topic in Kunena forum. New option in Pro: If email is with same subject (include Re:, Fw:, Re, Fwd, etc.) email going automatically to the same thread in kunena.
- Automatically subscribe to thread email poster (for Kunena only).
- Allow posts by guests (for Kunena only).
Requirements of Post by email Pro
- Joomla 3, Joomla 1.5 (over 1.5.10) or Joomla 2.5.
- Properly configured Joomla install.
- Php 5.2+
- MBString PHP extension: installed, enabled and properly configured.
Post by Email screenshots:
Post by Email standart features (every option is individual for every email box):
Price 29$, PayPal and Epay.BG Payment, GPL License. If you need longer subscription, you can buy it here: TEN downloads subscription for Post by Email Pro. Bulgarian price info: Цена около 40 лева (В зависимост от курса за деня на търговските банки).
- New in v.1.10 (Joomla 3 only): Title/Alias Rules and Description Rules. You can search and replace special characters, symbols and words, you can remove too short words, to transliterate titles and aliases.
- New in v.1.10 (Joomla 3 only): Meta Description Rules. You can control Meta Description and to add a #hashtags.
- New in v.1.10 (Joomla 3 only): Email body import Rules. Rules: Content between strings and CSS selector (you can configure it to import only div#article for example). You can search in email body for keywords or strings and to import only content you want. In this way you can remove headers, footers and signature lines from imported emails.
- After v.1.9.9: Video attachments options.
- After v.1.9.7: Scraper options (Joomla 3.x only).
- After v.1.9.5: CSV import functions (Joomla 3.x only).
- Where to put content: In Joomla content, on JomSocial Walls (only Joomla 2.5 version), in Kunena or in Agora forum.
- If post in forum, in which forum email will be posted.
- If is checked to post in JomSocial, on wall of which user content will be posted.
- Associate email address with a specific category - in which content category email will be published.
- Title of the content corresponds with subject line in email.
- Set users with specific email addresses.
- Specify specific Joomla section or category based on receiving email address or based on sending email address.
- Default author alias of content.
- Publish content automatically or not.
- Publish content on Frontpage or not.
- Publish duration.
- Notify subscribers or not - for Kunena.
- Storing of information from imported emails in database table.
- "Iphone mode" for posted from Iphone emails with images.
- Cronjobs to automate import in content process.
- Option to delete processed email (after insert in joomla).
- Scraper function options (Joomla 3 only).
- CSV import functions (Joomla 3 only).
- Ignite Gallery import functions.
- Default language of component is English, if language file is added, translation appeared in admin panel.
- Documentation: Detailed description of Post by Email Pro in our Support Forum.