> Works On Demo Site But Not On My Site
imilanfc
post Aug 2 2013, 02:25 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,780

hi there,

thanks for this program.

I tried this component on my Joomla 3.0 and i keep getting an error when i try import - saying following

Error
[ssl://pop.gmail.com:995]: Unable to establish link to the POP3 server. POP3 connect: Error [101] [Network is unreachable]

I thought it might be my email settings and i tried everything to no avail.. clearly from error above you can see i am using the correct mail server and port. So i tried your demo website and put in my username and password there and it worked perfectly.

Is joomla 3.0 compatible with gmail yet? can you please help? i am using latest version of extension "post_by_email_pro_1.8.9 for joomla 3.0-kunena 2 and kunena 3 support"

the only thing i can think of is MBString PHP extension may not be installed.. but i do not know how to check, or how to install.

please help!!

thanks!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
imilanfc
post Aug 4 2013, 03:41 AM
Post #2

still trying!! PHP version 5.3.25 if that helps..
also using gmail apps for business'

please keep in mind when i put in same details to demo version that you have running - it works fine.

This post has been edited by imilanfc: Aug 4 2013, 03:57 AM

+Quote Post
Web Design Seo
post Aug 6 2013, 06:28 AM
Post #3

Web Design Seo

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

If on demo site work, but on your server not - your server just don't have connection to gmail server.

--------------------
Правила на форума | Forum Rules | How to receive support. 3D Web Design: Уеб дизайн, Seo оптимизация, Web Site Extensions, Oscommerce Addons, Wordpress plugins and Joomla Extensions. Изработка на уеб сайтове и оптимизация на сайт за търсачки и Seo услуги.

+Quote Post
imilanfc
post Aug 6 2013, 12:06 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (Web Design Seo @ Aug 6 2013, 04:28 PM) *
If on demo site work, but on your server not - your server just don't have connection to gmail server.

my server can connect to gmail server. I have already configured through cpanel using the google apps wizard...
this is not the problem..

can you give me example of non-gmail service i can set up an email to test out that will work?? i tried with outlook (hotmail) but it just times out... (error 110)

this is getting really frustrating.

This post has been edited by imilanfc: Aug 6 2013, 12:34 PM

+Quote Post
Web Design Seo
post Aug 6 2013, 02:20 PM
Post #5

Web Design Seo

I am not programmer and i can't help you, sorry.

Please, read big red text at top in every page in support forum "Extensions Support" ( http://3dwebdesign.org/forum/index.php?act=SR&f=24 ) and post new topic with your versions.

Our support and programmers will start to work after 14-th august: http://3dwebdesign.org/forum/without-suppo...gust-2013-t1928

Post your details, wait to 14 august and we will review your problem.

Don't want to wait?

There is no other way. When you buy something from us, you have accepted these terms - link is in every order.

And inside this text is:
Цитат
3D Web Design team is on vacation and Support will be not available from 2 August to 14 August 2013! Only orders will be reviewed once daily. When buying between 2 and 14 August 2013, you agree to our condition that during that time period you can not request technical assistance. If you have support questions, post them in support forum, we will answer of all user questions so fast as we can.

If i see this text and i am not sure about my possibilities, i will not make order, i will wait and make order after company vacation. But to see this, to accept terms, to purchase extension and to want after this money back is just one more attempt to deceive us. Extension is working, you have software and can use it.

--------------------
Правила на форума | Forum Rules | How to receive support. 3D Web Design: Уеб дизайн, Seo оптимизация, Web Site Extensions, Oscommerce Addons, Wordpress plugins and Joomla Extensions. Изработка на уеб сайтове и оптимизация на сайт за търсачки и Seo услуги.

+Quote Post
imilanfc
post Aug 9 2013, 04:43 AM
Post #6

deceive you? calm down.. i wasn't aware they were still on vacation. You responded with saying my server does not support google apps.. sounded like it was technical support and sounded like that was your final conclusion.. no idea you thought technical support would be able to help me. that's why i asked for a refund (or better support which didn't seem like i was going to get)

i will wait for technical support to come back from vacation, as i have done all that i can. Thanks.

+Quote Post
Web Design Seo
post Aug 9 2013, 08:01 AM
Post #7

Web Design Seo

If your problem is with google apps, you have ready solution here.

--------------------

+Quote Post
imilanfc
post Aug 11 2013, 11:36 PM
Post #8

QUOTE (Web Design Seo @ Aug 9 2013, 06:01 PM) *
If your problem is with google apps, you have ready solution here.

i tried this.. still no success.

by the way for your information - it seems as though the new google apps infrastructure use this link now
https://www.google.com/accounts/UnlockCaptcha

the old url of: https://www.google.com/a/your_domain.com/ac...s/UnlockCaptcha no longer accepts valid username and passwords..

will wait for tech team to come back from vacation.

thanks!

+Quote Post
Web Design Seo
post Aug 14 2013, 03:26 PM
Post #9

Web Design Seo

Hello. Please, activate joomla error reporting and post here errors (if present). If there is no error, just try extension on other server or on the same server but with other email (not gmail).

About gmail: Is switched ON pop3 protocol in gmail account? And is switched ON ssl in gmail account?

Gmail Accounts Setup

--------------------

+Quote Post
imilanfc
post Aug 14 2013, 11:37 PM
Post #10

QUOTE (Web Design Seo @ Aug 15 2013, 01:26 AM) *
Hello. Please, activate joomla error reporting and post here errors (if present). If there is no error, just try extension on other server or on the same server but with other email (not gmail).

About gmail: Is switched ON pop3 protocol in gmail account? And is switched ON ssl in gmail account?

Gmail Accounts Setup

Hi,

i have reporting on but there are no errors shown.
i dont have access to another server unfortunately.. but like i said i tried on demo site the same username and password (and port & server) and worked fine.

also, i tried to use another email but wasnt sure of pop settings or port.. i tried hotmail (outlook.com) but couldnt find correct details. do you have them available? or perhaps do you have a demo email & password i could use?

about gmail, yes it is switched on.. like i said it worked on ur demo site so i am sure that side of things is working..

please let me know ur thoughts.. thanks!

if it helps, i can give you access to my server, backend joomla...

+Quote Post
Web Design Seo
post Aug 16 2013, 11:54 AM
Post #11

Web Design Seo

I will create one new email account on one of our servers for you to test. You will receive login data at PM in next 10-15 minutes.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Web Design Seo
post Aug 16 2013, 01:07 PM
Post #12

Web Design Seo

We have 3-4 times cases like your and every time problems are in server - due on firewall or server configuration.

You can do only one thing: send support ticket to your host support and ask them about firewall or something like this that block POP3 connection.

--------------------

+Quote Post
pavelKukov
post Nov 26 2013, 10:08 AM
Post #13

Php programmer

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 1,452

Цитат(imilanfc @ Aug 2 2013, 04:25 PM) *
hi there,

thanks for this program.

I tried this component on my Joomla 3.0 and i keep getting an error when i try import - saying following

Error
[ssl://pop.gmail.com:995]: Unable to establish link to the POP3 server. POP3 connect: Error [101] [Network is unreachable]

You need enabled open_ssl to your server on order to use ssl protocol.

uncomment or add in php.ini

Код
extension=php_openssl.dll

--------------------
Php programmer in 3D Web Design

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Notepad++ New Line Replace
How to find and replace new line in Notepad++
0 Web Design Seo 3,280 8th December 2016 - 01:45 PM
Last post by: Web Design Seo
No New Posts Not Scrapping Anymore ?
problem with vimeo rss feed
0 _david 3,825 16th February 2015 - 10:14 AM
Last post by: _david
No new Not On Front Page
5 IamJim 6,093 7th March 2012 - 04:55 PM
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsDemo For Joomla Scraper
0 Web Design Seo 6,093 7th March 2012 - 04:52 PM
No new Not Send! It Is Not Possible To E-mail Address To Send!
[solved]
10 rogy 6,174 30th December 2011 - 02:44 PM
No New Posts Demo System Not Working
Tried sending email to Post by email demo - nothing happened
1 scott 2,565 25th December 2011 - 08:21 AM
No New Posts Demo Site Is Back, Admin Access Demo
link to administration and password
0 Web Design Seo 3,250 6th December 2010 - 07:59 PM
Last post by: 3D Web Design
No New Posts Demonstration Sites
2 viantea 3,545 2nd December 2010 - 01:52 AM
No new Topic has attachmentsNot Found - The Requested Url...
7 mxcpz 7,085 10th November 2010 - 02:40 PM
No New Posts Demo For Moneybookers Payment For Mosets Tree
0 Web Design Seo 4,480 18th September 2010 - 09:07 AM

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th October 2019 - 07:05 PM
Clicky Web Analytics