Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Extensions Support
7 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Problems Importing Mail With Post By Email, support questions for Post By Email Pro
Web Design Seo
post Oct 17 2011, 10:23 AM
Post #1

Web Design Seo

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

Edited by admin:
Post here your questions about Post by Email Pro

Цитат(MidlandsDesign @ Jul 14 2011, 11:14 AM) *
Hi.
Is this available for Joomla 1.6 yet?

MidlandsDesign, Yes, now Post By Email Pro support Joomla 1.7 and Joomla 1.6. I just upload nevest version to file directory. You can read here about latest changes in pro version for joomla 1.7.

This post has been edited by Web Design Seo: Apr 2 2013, 10:06 AM
Reason for edit: moved topic to support questions

--------------------
Правила на форума | Forum Rules | How to receive support. 3D Web Design: Уеб дизайн, Seo оптимизация, Web Site Extensions, Oscommerce Addons, Wordpress plugins and Joomla Extensions. Изработка на уеб сайтове и оптимизация на сайт за търсачки и Seo услуги.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
oleo
post Oct 28 2011, 10:07 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 947

Hi all,
I bought and I've just installed Post by Email. I have configured an email account but PostByEmail is not able to successfully download the mail. The login data are correct, because trying changing them I've the "login failed" error.
I've also tried with the test account: I've sent a mail but the component is not able to retrieve it.
Any ideas?

+Quote Post
oleo
post Oct 28 2011, 10:29 AM
Post #3

UPDATE: Now it seems to download emails, even if it has a strange behavior: always download one mail from the server without deleting it, despite are present 3 mails on the mail box.
In any case, does not publish the mails as articles.

Morover, importing all mails I've the XML error "The XML response that was returned by the server is invalid" than it stays on an infinite loop.

PS: Launching the cron job I've this output:
CODE
[root@95 ~]# /usr/bin/php -q /var/www/vhosts/mediamenteweb.it/subdomains/jedi/httpdocs/administrator/components/com_post_by_email/cron.post_by_email.php
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php/modules/ixed.5.1ts.lin' - /usr/lib/php/modules/ixed.5.1ts.lin: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64 in Unknown on line 0
PHP Deprecated:  Directive 'safe_mode' is deprecated in PHP 5.3 and greater in Unknown on line 0
PHP Fatal error:  Class 'JRequest' not found in /var/www/vhosts/mediamenteweb.it/subdomains/jedi/httpdocs/libraries/joomla/session/session.php on line 453

Fatal error: Class 'JRequest' not found in /var/www/vhosts/mediamenteweb.it/subdomains/jedi/httpdocs/libraries/joomla/session/session.php on line 453
[root@95 ~]#

This post has been edited by oleo: Oct 28 2011, 10:40 AM

+Quote Post
Web Design Seo
post Oct 28 2011, 11:27 AM
Post #4

Web Design Seo

oleo, what type of server is this? Is not hosted maybe, is on your own server (home pc) ?

--------------------
Правила на форума | Forum Rules | How to receive support. 3D Web Design: Уеб дизайн, Seo оптимизация, Web Site Extensions, Oscommerce Addons, Wordpress plugins and Joomla Extensions. Изработка на уеб сайтове и оптимизация на сайт за търсачки и Seo услуги.

+Quote Post
oleo
post Oct 28 2011, 04:15 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (Web Design Seo @ Oct 28 2011, 01:27 PM) *
oleo, what type of server is this? Is not hosted maybe, is on your own server (home pc) ?

It's a CentOS virtual server, hosted by ARUBA, a big italian ISP.
After many many tests, now it's working! I don't know how!!
Now I'm experiencing problems with mails sent as html. PostBy
Mail retrieves the text but it stops when find a number or an accented letter. No problems with mail in plain text.
Next step: testing the attachments.

Morover, how to retrieve mail automatically on a server without cron? Is possible to have a link like "www.myserver.com/path_to/script.php" that retrieves mails without the necessity to be logged in joomla?

+Quote Post
oleo
post Oct 28 2011, 05:00 PM
Post #6

About attachments: setting the directory to "images/stories" I've the error "The directory exists / is writeable: NO / NO". Which is the base path of this option?

UPDATE: I set the directory to "." which is writable. I'm not able to view attachment. I send a mail in plain text with a jpg image ("fabio.jpg") and the string "[fabio.jpg]" inside the text. Result: I see the text [fabio.jpg].

This post has been edited by oleo: Oct 28 2011, 05:27 PM

+Quote Post
Web Design Seo
post Oct 29 2011, 11:14 AM
Post #7

Web Design Seo

oleo:

Цитат
I can't sell this feature to my clients

1. You dont have rights to sale or resale extension to your clients, this component is not your property! To buy working component, to say "i want refund" and after this to resale working component "to my clients" is presumptuous!

Цитат
After 14 hours of tests

2. You can work or "test" if you want 100 days or 10 years. The way to recieve support is only one - red button "Extensions Support" at top in this forum! Create one temporary admin account for us to see and resolve your problem. If requirements are achieved and component not work, i will send you money back.

3. You say that: this server is on "biggest italian vps company". And i say you that on all over ten vps servers where we have accounts (all accounts are on different companies and in different countries, we need this for different c class ip addresses) all vps companies have difficulty to make joomla working with emails, with or without mail server.

Hosting companies do not care what you do with VPS server - It is your virtual computer, they only install your operating system and configuration must be made from client - you.

Component dont work only on not well configured servers!
Please, read our Support Of Paid Extensions terms and TOS. We cant configure and dont want to configure every vps server or cutom server at price of some paid extension. This work wil cost many hours and of croos is not included in price of any one extension.

--------------------

+Quote Post
oleo
post Oct 29 2011, 12:12 PM
Post #8

1) I know that I can't re-sell your component as is or modified but I'm developing joomla websites for my clients. Can I install the component in these websites?

2) I've read that post and I've done what it says, but I haven't a particular error. When a behaviour is not fully reproducible I think some tests are necessary to identify the problem. Which are the requirements exactly?

3) I don't understand this point. What do you mean when you say "all vps companies have difficulty to make joomla working with emails"? Morover, my clients doen't have a VPS, so your component must work inside a joomla installation in a normal hosting environment. You don't say that PostByMail need a server or a vps.

You say: "Component dont work only on not well configured servers!" and "3D Web Design guarantee that all of extensions - Paid and free are working at normal Joomla configuration at normal shared hosting" so I can test your component inside a normal shared hosting (supporting joomla of course) where I can't configure anything and it must work. Am I true?

This post has been edited by oleo: Oct 29 2011, 01:51 PM

+Quote Post
Web Design Seo
post Oct 29 2011, 04:05 PM
Post #9

Web Design Seo

Цитат
Which are the requirements exactly?

Please, read description of product. On every page (product, guide and description of functions) is written this text:
Цитат
Requirements of Post by email
PHP 5.2 + and MBString PHP extension: must be installed, enabled and properly configured.

So, requirements are:
- Joomla 1.5/1.6/1.7
- of cross Joomla 1.5/1.6/1.7 requirements must be achieved also
- PHP v.5.2 and over
- MBString (not only installed, must be working)

So, just give us access to see where and what, and your problem will be resolved in monday (as is described in our TOS, we dont have 24/7 support, only in working time).

--------------------

+Quote Post
oleo
post Oct 29 2011, 05:01 PM
Post #10

Please, answer to my first question: can I install your component on websites of my clients? [NO] [YES] [YES, buying the component for each installation]

And what about point 4? You say I can use PostByEMail in normal shared hosting. That's my need. As you know, in normal shared hosting you can't configure php. I have to install it in a shared hosting with the same phpinfo of my vps (regarding the MBString section) than it must work at the first shot. Am I true?

These are the core questions for which I'm waiting for an answer.

All requirements are properly fulfilled.
You say "(not only installed, must be working)": can you provide further details?
I'll give you full access to the joomla installation but you should tell me what you do because I'll have to reproduce it on next installations.

+Quote Post
Web Design Seo
post Oct 31 2011, 07:14 AM
Post #11

Web Design Seo

Цитат
Please, answer to my first question: can I install your component on websites of my clients?

Yes of cross.

Thank you for test account, will test your system and i will send you email when ready.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Stamenov
post Oct 31 2011, 10:43 AM
Post #12

Advanced User

Group: Advanced Member
Member No.: 761

1) I can't reproduce your problem with gmail. I am importing plaint text / HTML messages with or without attachments with no problem.
2) The accented letters or the numbers are not special for PBM in any way. See this article in French in your site:
Код
jedi.mediamenteweb.it/administrator/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&layout=edit&id=145

It has just been imported through PBM.
3) The PBM uses the built-in PHP function quoted_printable_decode. The only explanation for this behaviour I can think of is:
Код
http://php.net/manual/en/function.quoted-printable-decode.php

(the second post from the bottom up). As you can see most likely this is a problem with your email system you send e-mails from. Not with PBM. You can try solving this problem by uncommenting line 446 in the controller.php (//$content = str_replace(array('= =', "=\r\n=", "=\n="), '', $content);
4) I can't reproduce this problem too. If the email message is in the inbox, it is parsed everytime the PBM is run, unless the message is deleted.
5) This is absolutely normal. Your content is displayed as a HTML. All (single or multiple) blank spaces in HTML (tabs, spaces, new line characters, etc.) are displayed as a single space character. Use HTML markup if you want to have some formatting in your article.
6) In order for the attachments to work, you MUST specify an existing subdirectory of /images/ with the proper privileges, which MUST NOT start or end with slash[/]. PBM works fine with multiple attached files in a single e-mail message.

The errors you have quoted when starting the cron job has nothing to do with PBM but with your Joomla installation.

+Quote Post
Web Design Seo
post Oct 31 2011, 11:10 AM
Post #13

Web Design Seo

Oleo, we are ready.

Please, send me one blank email (email must be sent from email box from your order) and i will send you updated version of component.

--------------------

+Quote Post
oleo
post Oct 31 2011, 01:46 PM
Post #14

Today I'm experiencing a completely different behaviors! Are you sure you haven't done anything?
I've sent 3 test mail and it seems to be working... I'll do deep tests to be sure that PBM works in any conditions.

I think that would be usefull to have more informations in the user guide about the attachment directory settings.

So PBM seems to be perfect, except for a thing: is it possible to have a php script (that can be launched without logging to joomla) that downloads/imports mails?

+Quote Post
oleo
post Oct 31 2011, 02:14 PM
Post #15

Цитат(Ivan Stamenov @ Oct 31 2011, 12:43 PM) *
3) The PBM uses the built-in PHP function quoted_printable_decode. The only explanation for this behaviour I can think of is: php.net/manual/en/function.quoted-p...able-decode.php
(the second post from the bottom up). As you can see most likely this is a problem with your email system you send e-mails from. Not with PBM. You can try solving this problem by uncommenting line 446 in the controller.php (//$content = str_replace(array('= =', "=\r\n=", "=\n="), '', $content);

Ok, it works! Consider to add this tip to the user guide!

+Quote Post
Web Design Seo
post Oct 31 2011, 02:25 PM
Post #16

Web Design Seo

Цитат(oleo @ Oct 31 2011, 03:46 PM) *
So PBM seems to be perfect, except for a thing: is it possible to have a php script (that can be launched without logging to joomla) that downloads/imports mails?

In guide is written:

Цитат
How to setup Cron?

Here are two ways to schedule your mailboxes: Open cron jobs page in cpanel and set up cron:
Код
curl -sS "http://your-post-by-email-site.com/administrator/components/com_post_by_email/cron.post_by_email.php" >> /dev/null

or in this way:

Код
/usr/local/bin/php -q /relative path to host directory/public_html/administrator/components/com_post_by_email/cron.post_by_email.php >> /dev/null

--------------------

+Quote Post
oleo
post Oct 31 2011, 02:31 PM
Post #17

QUOTE (Web Design Seo @ Oct 31 2011, 04:25 PM) *
In guide is written:

I was talking about a php script that can be launched via web browser. Can I launch
CODE
/relative path to host directory/public_html/administrator/components/com_post_by_email/cron.post_by_email.php

via web browser?

EDIT: I think no, because it says "Invalid Token"

This post has been edited by oleo: Oct 31 2011, 02:34 PM

+Quote Post
oleo
post Oct 31 2011, 02:40 PM
Post #18

Problems persist with "=".
The following code is the html source of the mail:
CODE
<span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">Il contributo di solidarietà è sparito dalla manovra economica del governo. Ma, nonostante le proteste delle associazioni che rappresentano i disabili e le loro famiglie, è rimasta l'intenzione di recuperare 40 miliardi di euro in tre anni attraverso la riforma assistenziale e fiscale: 4 miliardi nel 2012, 16 nel 2013 e 20 nel 2014. Cifre che tradotte nella pratica suonano come &quot;campane a morto&quot; per chi tutti i giorni è costretto a fare i conti con una sedia a rotelle, un bastone bianco</span>

and this is the resulting article
CODE
<p><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; background-color: #ffffff;">Il contributo di solidarietà è sparito dalla manovra economica del governo. Ma,= nonostante le proteste delle associazioni che rappresentano i disabili e le loro famiglie, è rimasta l'intenzione di recuperare 40 miliardi di euro in tre anni attraverso la riforma assistenziale e fiscale: 4 miliardi nel 2012, 16 nel 2013 e 20 nel 2014. Cifre che tradotte nella pratica suonano come "campane a morto" per chi tutti i giorni è costretto a fare i conti con una sedia a rotelle, un bastone bianco</span></p>

Something goes wrong also with the line uncommented.

+Quote Post
Web Design Seo
post Oct 31 2011, 02:50 PM
Post #19

Web Design Seo

Цитат(oleo @ Oct 31 2011, 04:31 PM) *
I was talking about a php script that can be launched via web browser. Can I launch
Код
/relative path to host directory/public_html/administrator/components/com_post_by_email/cron.post_by_email.php

via web browser?

Yes, just open url:
Код
mysite.com/administrator/components/com_post_by_email/cron.post_by_email.php

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Stamenov
post Oct 31 2011, 03:16 PM
Post #20

Advanced User

Group: Advanced Member
Member No.: 761

Цитат(oleo @ Oct 31 2011, 03:40 PM) *
Problems persist with "=".
The following code is the html source of the mail:
Код
<span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">Il contributo di solidarietа и sparito dalla manovra economica del governo. Ma, nonostante le proteste delle associazioni che rappresentano i disabili e le loro famiglie, и rimasta l'intenzione di recuperare 40 miliardi di euro in tre anni attraverso la riforma assistenziale e fiscale: 4 miliardi nel 2012, 16 nel 2013 e 20 nel 2014. Cifre che tradotte nella pratica suonano come &quot;campane a morto&quot; per chi tutti i giorni и costretto a fare i conti con una sedia a rotelle, un bastone bianco</span>

and this is the resulting article
Код
<p><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; background-color: #ffffff;">Il contributo di solidarietа и sparito dalla manovra economica del governo. Ma,= nonostante le proteste delle associazioni che rappresentano i disabili e le loro famiglie, и rimasta l'intenzione di recuperare 40 miliardi di euro in tre anni attraverso la riforma assistenziale e fiscale: 4 miliardi nel 2012, 16 nel 2013 e 20 nel 2014. Cifre che tradotte nella pratica suonano come "campane a morto" per chi tutti i giorni и costretto a fare i conti con una sedia a rotelle, un bastone bianco</span></p>

Something goes wrong also with the line uncommented.

Please send similar e-mail to test_test@3dwebdesign.org so I will be able to examine exactly what's happening.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No new Pinned: Topic has attachmentsPost By Email Pro
Pro version of Post By Email component
105 Ivan Stamenov 79,337 14th September 2018 - 07:23 AM
Last post by: Web Design Seo
No New Posts Mailorder In Costum Module
1 Robert Johansson 558 2nd July 2018 - 06:46 AM
Last post by: Web Design Seo
No New Posts Importing Images That Are In The Rss Feed As A Media File