> Posts By Email Not Processing Correct After 1.9.5 Update
livewiremaxx
post Apr 10 2014, 02:09 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,830

Recently updated to Joomla! 3.2.3
Updated Posts by Email 1.9.5

Ive been using this component fine for some time now with no issues - but recently I am having one for sure and maybe it is with 1.9.5 version. Prior to trying to find the problem I had the settings set to "Delete" Emails that were processed. After the last update the emails were not being deleted and being set as read. And then when Cron ran again Posts by Email grabbed the same email again and reposted it to K2 a second time, well it actually posted it every time it ran 20 was the last run I caught it at. So I went in and changed the setting to not delete the emails - Same thing occured, keeps reposting the same email.

I would rather just set this up to delete the emails - And not sure why it keeps looping to repost the same email. I have MD5 set and everything was working correctly for K2 without issue till this last update. Here is a screen shot of my current settings.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
livewiremaxx
post Apr 10 2014, 02:44 PM
Post #2

After doing a compare, wonder if this is my issue - Where did "Ignore Duplicate Emails Go"? I know this doesnt solve the issue of why if select to delete the emails after being processed - but ... I cant set ignore duplicate emails either.

I am comparing a install from the new 1.9.5 to the 1.8.0

and where as in my issue is - Duplicate items. 1.8.0 has "Ignore Duplicate Items" and 1.9.5 Does not have this option.

This post has been edited by livewiremaxx: Apr 10 2014, 02:45 PM

+Quote Post
Web Design Seo
post Apr 10 2014, 04:32 PM
Post #3

Web Design Seo

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

1. Ignore Duplicate Items is function use md5 aliases. Joomla duplicate content protection work over aliases. So, with combination of "use md5 aliases" and "add timestamp", component will generate every time new, unique alias and all items will be imported.

For example, email title will generate some md5 hash. But this string will be every time the same. If "add timestamp" is switched, this string will be unique on every import.

2. If you want to import one email only once, use function delete imported items.

--------------------
Правила на форума | Forum Rules | How to receive support. 3D Web Design: Уеб дизайн, Seo оптимизация, Web Site Extensions, Oscommerce Addons, Wordpress plugins and Joomla Extensions. Изработка на уеб сайтове и оптимизация на сайт за търсачки и Seo услуги.

+Quote Post
livewiremaxx
post Apr 10 2014, 04:44 PM
Post #4

As you can see in my screen shot - delete processed emails is selected - It is "not" deleting processed emails
That would be the way I have been running, and no duplicate items were ever created. But now Duplicate items are constantly being created because the script is not deleting them.

I only came across the missing selection of ignore duplicates when comparing, but that was not how I was running or how this was working. Its with the processed emails not being deleted. Which would be the better fix.

+Quote Post
Web Design Seo
post Apr 11 2014, 09:38 AM
Post #5

Web Design Seo

Is possible to not delete it only if:
- you have many item in your email box. How many emails are inside?
- due on php limits. Check your max_execution_time and memory_limit php settings. Try to increase max_execution_time to 60 or better to 120 seconds and memory_limit to 128 mb or more.

Please, after this try again and post again in this topic, if your problem is not solved and our programmer will check the problem again in monday.

--------------------
Правила на форума | Forum Rules | How to receive support. 3D Web Design: Уеб дизайн, Seo оптимизация, Web Site Extensions, Oscommerce Addons, Wordpress plugins and Joomla Extensions. Изработка на уеб сайтове и оптимизация на сайт за търсачки и Seo услуги.

+Quote Post
livewiremaxx
post Apr 11 2014, 03:46 PM
Post #6

thanks that seemed to do the trick went crom execution time of 30 seconds to 120 and raised memory from 32mb to 128

Wierd considering I have been using this component for 6 mnths and never a problem

Thanks again fir the help and a great component

+Quote Post
livewiremaxx
post Apr 11 2014, 06:53 PM
Post #7

Ok, think I may have replied too soon - The problem came back up. So I have been doing some testing over the last 3 hours.
Everything seems to work fine when "Not sending with an image" If you send email to with an image - it will not process the image, it will post the story but it will not delete the email and it keeps re processing it.

While testing I had to use the processing page directly and found this error when processing emails with images.
Fatal error: Class 'JFile' not found in /home/ialerts/public_html/administrator/components/com_post_by_email/helpers/importers/com_k2.php

This is also showing up in error_log as well

+Quote Post
Web Design Seo
post Apr 12 2014, 07:00 AM
Post #8

Web Design Seo

Ok, Problem will be checked from our programmers in monday. Joomla is v.3.2.3, Post by Email 1.9.5, what is your php version?

--------------------

+Quote Post
pavelKukov
post Apr 15 2014, 07:42 AM
Post #9

Php programmer

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 1,452

Emails can not be deleted with "DELE" command if POP3 connection is not in recent mode!

What is 'recent mode?'
If you're accessing Gmail on multiple clients through POP, Gmail's 'recent mode' makes sure that all messages are made available to each client, rather than only to the first client to access new mail.

Recent mode fetches the last 30 days of mail, regardless of whether it's been sent to another POP client already.

Setting up 'recent mode'
In your PBM settings, replace 'username@gmail.com' in the 'Login username' field with 'recent:username@gmail.com'

This will delete messages and they will not be available anymore!

POP3
POP3 (Post Office Protocol 3) is the most recent version of a standard protocol for receiving e-mail. POP3 is a client/server protocol in which e-mail is received and held for you by your Internet server. Periodically, you (or your client e-mail receiver) check your mail-box on the server and download any mail, probably using POP3. This standard protocol is built into most popular e-mail products, such as Eudora and Outlook Express. It's also built into the Netscape and Microsoft Internet Explorer browsers.

POP3 is designed to delete mail on the server as soon as the user has downloaded it. However, some implementations allow users or an administrator to specify that mail be saved for some period of time. POP can be thought of as a "store-and-forward" service.

--------------------
Php programmer in 3D Web Design

+Quote Post
Web Design Seo
post Apr 15 2014, 07:57 AM
Post #10

Web Design Seo

@livewiremaxx, test your site with this setting and if you have any other issue, please, post again here your questions.

--------------------

+Quote Post
livewiremaxx
post Apr 15 2014, 01:19 PM
Post #11

Ok, you guys totally lost me - where did this Gmail stuff come from? Im not using gmail at all - Run my own servers, and there is no recent mode thingy on them. The script connects fine, sees the email "if" the email is text only it processes and deletes the email without problem. "If" there is an image attached the script checks the email processes it, skips the image and error shows and then the loop begins and the script no longer sees any other email other than this one and processes it every time cron runs.

PHP Fatal error: Class 'JFile' not found in /home/ialerts/public_html/administrator/components/com_post_by_email/helpers/importers/com_k2.php on line 60

In further more testing that I just ran - all the above was using K2 import, I tried just content import and there is no error generated and it does processes normally. So the problem is not presented with the email serer settings.

The problem lies in the K2 importer on line 60 if (JFile::exists($GLOBALS['PBM_K2_SRC'].$local_img_name).'.'.$ext)

if ($k2saveimage && $k2image) {
$ext = strtolower(pathinfo($k2image, PATHINFO_EXTENSION));
$local_img_name = md5("Image".$row->id);
if (JFile::exists($GLOBALS['PBM_K2_SRC'].$local_img_name).'.'.$ext)
@unlink($GLOBALS['PBM_K2_SRC'].$local_img_name.'.'.$ext);
if (rename($k2image, $GLOBALS['PBM_K2_SRC'].$local_img_name.'.'.$ext)) {
@copy($GLOBALS['PBM_K2_SRC'].$local_img_name.'.'.$ext, $GLOBALS['PBM_K2_CACHE'].$local_img_name.'_XS.'.$ext);
@copy($GLOBALS['PBM_K2_SRC'].$local_img_name.'.'.$ext, $GLOBALS['PBM_K2_CACHE'].$local_img_name.'_S.'.$ext);
@copy($GLOBALS['PBM_K2_SRC'].$local_img_name.'.'.$ext, $GLOBALS['PBM_K2_CACHE'].$local_img_name.'_M.'.$ext);
@copy($GLOBALS['PBM_K2_SRC'].$local_img_name.'.'.$ext, $GLOBALS['PBM_K2_CACHE'].$local_img_name.'_L.'.$ext);
@copy($GLOBALS['PBM_K2_SRC'].$local_img_name.'.'.$ext, $GLOBALS['PBM_K2_CACHE'].$local_img_name.'_XL.'.$ext);
@copy($GLOBALS['PBM_K2_SRC'].$local_img_name.'.'.$ext, $GLOBALS['PBM_K2_CACHE'].$local_img_name.'_Generic.'.$ext);
}
}

Im not an expert coder to find exact problems, I can do minor ones - and if I knew what it was asking for then yes I probably could fix this for you. But I am not sure what it is asking for in JFile

In more research - I found a suggestion on another scripts site that said for that user / person to try
Replace JFile::exists with file_exists

So I did just that -
if (JFile::exists($GLOBALS['PBM_K2_SRC'].$local_img_name).'.'.$ext)

made to

if (file_exists($GLOBALS['PBM_K2_SRC'].$local_img_name).'.'.$ext)

Emails are now deleting properly with images -
Looks like you might want to look at that code and update.

This post has been edited by livewiremaxx: Apr 15 2014, 01:20 PM

+Quote Post
Web Design Seo
post Apr 15 2014, 01:39 PM
Post #12

Web Design Seo

After your request component is tested many times on all our test servers - work well without any problem.

Class 'JFile' is part of joomla framework and is used in our component, yes. But we can't know why this class is not working in your joomla install, you have some strange problem.

I recommend you to install over your current install again all files from joomla core.

--------------------

+Quote Post
livewiremaxx
post Apr 20 2014, 05:38 PM
Post #13

I already corrected it per my earlier response by modifying the bad piece of code that I found for you. I already pointed it out to you and you can use it or not. But I do have it fixed, and it was not with core problems or server issue. But thank you anyways

This post has been edited by livewiremaxx: Apr 20 2014, 05:44 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Notepad++ New Line Replace
How to find and replace new line in Notepad++
0 Web Design Seo 3,280 8th December 2016 - 01:45 PM
Last post by: Web Design Seo
No New Posts Not Scrapping Anymore ?
problem with vimeo rss feed
0 _david 3,827 16th February 2015 - 10:14 AM
Last post by: _david
No New Posts Correct Scrape Of Section
1 Juan Vicente Pascual 2,267 20th June 2013 - 08:09 AM
No new Posts Fail To Assign Correct Category
15 Knerkin 3,874 15th February 2013 - 08:34 AM
Last post by: kibangkok
No New Posts Update Mailorder Pro V. 1.7.0 To 2.3
1 rogy 2,161 10th January 2013 - 11:26 AM
No new Email To Post Extension Not Display Text In Topic [solved]
this extension show php code
11 SimpleTheBad 7,231 8th May 2012 - 12:35 PM
No new Not On Front Page
5 IamJim 6,093 7th March 2012 - 04:55 PM
No new Not Send! It Is Not Possible To E-mail Address To Send!
[solved]
10 rogy 6,174 30th December 2011 - 02:44 PM
No New Posts Email Content Not Posting Through To Inbox - Help!
2 Mr E 2,840 17th July 2011 - 04:42 PM
No New Posts Email Post Shows Html
3 Nealb 3,762 10th February 2011 - 08:57 PM

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2019 - 01:03 AM
Clicky Web Analytics