Forum Rules Extensions Support

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Post By Email - "published But Is Pending" [solved], Almost working
imobi
post Jun 14 2012, 10:08 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,228

Thanks for hte great extension, I have just purcahsed and installed successfully. However when i send an email and import it creates the K2 item but in a "Published but is Pending" state

I will pm site details to you in a few minutes. I have tried to set time zone to UTC with no success:

Server Description:
Unbuntu 10.04 LTS
apache
PHP 5.3.2
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Web Design Seo
post Jun 14 2012, 10:36 AM
Post #2

Web Design Seo

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

Hello. What version of component and what version of Joomla you use?

Is "Publish automatically" on Yes?

--------------------
Правила на форума | Forum Rules | How to receive support. 3D Web Design: Уеб дизайн, Seo оптимизация, Web Site Extensions, Oscommerce Addons, Wordpress plugins and Joomla Extensions. Изработка на уеб сайтове и оптимизация на сайт за търсачки и Seo услуги.

+Quote Post
imobi
post Jun 14 2012, 11:11 AM
Post #3

QUOTE (Web Design Seo @ Jun 14 2012, 12:36 PM) *
I am using 2.5.4 now but had some issue before i upgraded from 1.7.0

Yes it is on, the article does say published but pending as if it is waiting for a future date and time

+Quote Post
imobi
post Jun 14 2012, 11:13 AM
Post #4

QUOTE (Web Design Seo @ Jun 14 2012, 12:36 PM) *

i had issue while on 1.7.0 then upgraded to 2.5.4 but still same. yes auto publish is on.

Thanks

+Quote Post
imobi
post Jun 14 2012, 11:20 AM
Post #5

I have upgraded from joomla 1.7 to 2.5.4 and the problem still persists, also tried it on another site as a test with the same result. Identical server configurations.

This is for K2 2.5.7

+Quote Post
Web Design Seo
post Jun 14 2012, 02:31 PM
Post #6

Web Design Seo

Problem is not in component, is in timezone of your server - emails are imported but are pending publish status. Change your timezone, we can't configure your server.

--------------------
Правила на форума | Forum Rules | How to receive support. 3D Web Design: Уеб дизайн, Seo оптимизация, Web Site Extensions, Oscommerce Addons, Wordpress plugins and Joomla Extensions. Изработка на уеб сайтове и оптимизация на сайт за търсачки и Seo услуги.

+Quote Post
imobi
post Jun 15 2012, 09:26 AM
Post #7

Thanks

Something very strange, timzone is set to:
Africa/Johannesburg (Which is UTC+2) in pc/server time, php timezone and mysql timezone.

When i publish an article via the actual joomla backend it works fine, however when i use the post by email way it sets the start publish time 2 hours ahead and goes into the publised but pending status. When i set the joomla time to utc it sets the correct publish start time but still goes to published but pending.

Very strange

+Quote Post
Web Design Seo
post Jun 15 2012, 01:47 PM
Post #8

Web Design Seo

Please, take a look in php code in controller.php file of component. There is no function to change data in publish_up field in database table "content".

Line 791 and 1009:
Код
$data['publish_up']    = date('Y-m-d H:i:s', empty($inline_settings['up']) ? time() : $inline_settings['up']);

You have only setting for "publish_down" - what number of day to stay content published.

--------------------

+Quote Post
arioli
post Aug 2 2012, 08:25 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 1,295

QUOTE (imobi @ Jun 15 2012, 10:26 AM) *
When i publish an article via the actual joomla backend it works fine, however when i use the post by email way it sets the start publish time 2 hours ahead and goes into the publised but pending status.

Same issue here 100% - Automatic publish set to yes; but when article is sent through post-by-mail, it appears to be published 2 hours later than the actual time. It can't be the server, because suppose you process this post-by-mail today at 21.48; lookinig at the joomla field in the ARTICLE back end - under PUBLISHING Options, you can find

Created Date 2012-08-02 21:48:38
Publish Date 2012-08-02 23:48:38 is. +2 hours from the corresponding created date.

The latter is the field which will indicate when a created article will be actually go live online. By doing so Joomla does not publish the article immediately, but wait until PUBLISH DATE is reached, ie. only two hours from the creation of the article by post-by-mail. Therefore, after creation the state is put to "Published but IS PENDING" ... for 2 hours.

It is definetly not a local server TIME set issue:

1. articles created in Joomla back end have the correct time (would not be if time was wrong)
2. articles created by post-by-mail have the correct "created date" (hence server is correct) - but a wrong Publish date.

THIS HAS NOTHING to do with the publish-up until filed of post-by-mail; it's the way post-by-mail fills the "Publish Date" field of a newly created Joomla article.

Thanks
Carlo

This post has been edited by arioli: Aug 2 2012, 09:37 PM

+Quote Post
Web Design Seo
post Aug 3 2012, 05:56 AM
Post #10

Web Design Seo

arioli, this will be checked after 20 August.

--------------------

+Quote Post
arioli
post Aug 3 2012, 09:02 AM
Post #11

QUOTE (Web Design Seo @ Aug 3 2012, 06:56 AM) *
arioli, this will be checked after 20 August.

I checked again - a normal article, which is published immediately should have the Start Publishing date set to ZERO.

Created date: 2012-02-02 12:01:35
Start Publishing: 0000-00-00 00:00:00

This way the article is IMMEDIATELY online and start publishing is not used. So the solution is to make sure the PHP clears the Joomla Start Publishing date attribute after inputing the created date article.

+Quote Post
Ivan Stamenov
post Aug 20 2012, 08:32 AM
Post #12

Advanced User

Group: Advanced Member
Member No.: 761

Цитат(arioli @ Aug 2 2012, 09:25 PM) *
Same issue here 100% - Automatic publish set to yes; but when article is sent through post-by-mail, it appears to be published 2 hours later than the actual time. It can't be the server, because suppose you process this post-by-mail today at 21.48; lookinig at the joomla field in the ARTICLE back end - under PUBLISHING Options, you can find

Created Date 2012-08-02 21:48:38
Publish Date 2012-08-02 23:48:38 is. +2 hours from the corresponding created date.

The latter is the field which will indicate when a created article will be actually go live online. By doing so Joomla does not publish the article immediately, but wait until PUBLISH DATE is reached, ie. only two hours from the creation of the article by post-by-mail. Therefore, after creation the state is put to "Published but IS PENDING" ... for 2 hours.

It is definetly not a local server TIME set issue:

1. articles created in Joomla back end have the correct time (would not be if time was wrong)
2. articles created by post-by-mail have the correct "created date" (hence server is correct) - but a wrong Publish date.

THIS HAS NOTHING to do with the publish-up until filed of post-by-mail; it's the way post-by-mail fills the "Publish Date" field of a newly created Joomla article.

Thanks
Carlo

Dear Carlo,

As you can see in the following code snippet:

Код
$data['publish_up']    = date('Y-m-d H:i:s', empty($inline_settings['up']) ? time() : $inline_settings['up']);

the PBM uses either the user supplied publish up date or the current time stamp (function time()), which is clearly server dependent. Hence the error is either in the user supplied date (if any) or in the misconfigured server's local time zone setting.

You can set the publish up date explicitly by adding the following tag somewhere in the mail message:

Код
[pbm up=YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS]

This tag will be stripped from the article body and used by the PBM component to set the publish up date to whatever date you've specified in it. In version 1.6.0 of the component there is an additional setting: Use Publish Up date, which, if switched off, will set the field to its default value, which is 0000-00-00 00:00:00.

+Quote Post
Web Design Seo
post Aug 20 2012, 08:41 AM
Post #13

Web Design Seo

arioli, suggested from you option is now inside. Component is already updated in our file directory.

Note that only Joomla 2.5 version is updated with this new option.

--------------------

+Quote Post
arioli
post Aug 21 2012, 09:52 AM
Post #14

QUOTE (Web Design Seo @ Aug 20 2012, 09:41 AM) *
arioli, suggested from you option is now inside. Component is already updated in our file directory.

Note that only Joomla 2.5 version is updated with this new option.

Thanks a lot, appreciate - the option solution I think is best way to solve this. On the time above I see, but what I don't really understand is the fact that all the other articles in the same server on the same joomla articles are precise by the minute with no issues and the hosting provider is quite well known. It does happen only with that code.

Anyhow this solution is perfect: I will now download the version - will this count as 1 download or is a bug fix ?
Thanks
BR
Carlo

+Quote Post
Web Design Seo
post Aug 21 2012, 10:18 AM
Post #15

Web Design Seo

This is not bug fix - new option is present in admin. You can switch on and off for every used email box.

We have increased limit of downloads for this extension. Before number was 3 downloads - one with purchase and 2 more updates. Now are 4 downloads - one with purchase and 3 more updates.

This must be enough for about 9-12 months - Fixes for bugs are posted in forum as code, so, every user can update your extension for free.

You must know that we are one comany that listen reviews of our customers, so "support = 1 star" is not true. Only is bad that we are slow - we are small company and we need vacation (from time to time) biggrin.gif

Cheers smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Post By Email To K2 Images Not Resizing
1 bossies 2,876 31st May 2019 - 10:49 AM
Last post by: Web Design Seo
No New Posts Post By Email Pro - Cron Warnings
JROUTER_MODE warnings
1 Brian Craigie 4,013 31st January 2019 - 08:42 AM
Last post by: Web Design Seo
No New Posts Post By Email, Error 500