Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Extensions Support

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Post-by-email: Kunena Notifications Not Sent, [added as new function in latest version]
Reggie
post May 25 2012, 06:27 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,189

I have subscribers to Kunena Categories that expect e-mail notification for new post. However when Post-by-email inserts new posts into Kunena, notifications are not being sent. Is there a way to achieve this?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Adler
post May 29 2012, 11:09 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 1,172

I've got the same issue - can you please look into this/let us know?
Thank you!

+Quote Post
Web Design Seo
post May 30 2012, 06:12 AM
Post #3

Web Design Seo

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

Will check. I think that component dont have such a function.

--------------------
Правила на форума | Forum Rules | How to receive support. 3D Web Design: Уеб дизайн, Seo оптимизация, Web Site Extensions, Oscommerce Addons, Wordpress plugins and Joomla Extensions. Изработка на уеб сайтове и оптимизация на сайт за търсачки и Seo услуги.

+Quote Post
Chris Grant
post Nov 4 2012, 11:53 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 1,001

I have just installed the latest post_by_email_pro_j25_1.6.2 - for Kunena 2.0 and over which is running Joomla 1.7 and Kunena 2.0

I have seven different Kunena categories set up in admin with individual email address boxes. When I perform import, I find:

- New postings work fine and go to the correct category as a new topic.
- Reply postings Re' etc go to the wrong category.

I cannot see what I can have done with my setup, all looks fine. On looking in the code of controller.php line 969 seems to be missing the category id in the query.

Код
$db->setQuery("SELECT parent, thread, catid FROM #__kunena_messages WHERE subject={$db->quote($subject_to_match)} ORDER BY time DESC");
if($message_match = $db->loadObject()) {
    $thread = $message_match->thread;
    $catid = $message_match->catid;
    $subject = 'Re: '.$subject_to_match;
}

Without it, I can't see the point of defining the category against a mailbox in the admin settings. This query is looking for a subject match in ANY messages regardless of the category set in the mailbox loop. We often have common topic titles in different forum categories.

Even when I add the AND catid=$catid it still fails to insert the reply email into the correct topic.

Can you please advise.

This is a great component potentially but even if the above can be fixed, it doesn't actually do what I thought it would do to allow remote postings into Kunena because it fails to email the new message out to subscribers which of course Kunena does if you post a message on-line. All this needs is a call to the Kunena email subscribers library after the new post has been inserted. I will try to add this myself as I am in a hurry to get a proper solution, otherwise I can't see any point in using it because subscribers will never get an alert.

Hoping you can help me quickly to get this otherwise great component working as it should.

Thanks

Chris

+Quote Post
Chris Grant
post Nov 4 2012, 11:59 AM
Post #5

Reggie

QUOTE (Reggie @ May 25 2012, 07:27 PM) *
I have subscribers to Kunena Categories that expect e-mail notification for new post. However when Post-by-email inserts new posts into Kunena, notifications are not being sent. Is there a way to achieve this?

I agree and have posted today a new topic on this. The component is not complete without notifications. It really isn't hard to achieve by calling the Kunena library function 'message' to send out notifications to a new message.

I don't suppose you ever got a reply?

+Quote Post
Web Design Seo
post Nov 4 2012, 02:20 PM
Post #6

Web Design Seo

Your recommendation is ok. I have not answer you, because we work on this function. Is ready - this function is built-in in next version of Post by Email plus one more.

The new version will be published in next 1-2 days.

--------------------
Правила на форума | Forum Rules | How to receive support. 3D Web Design: Уеб дизайн, Seo оптимизация, Web Site Extensions, Oscommerce Addons, Wordpress plugins and Joomla Extensions. Изработка на уеб сайтове и оптимизация на сайт за търсачки и Seo услуги.

+Quote Post
Web Design Seo
post Nov 5 2012, 07:47 AM
Post #7

Web Design Seo

v.1.6.3 of Post by Email for Joomla is here! Added are options:

- "Notify subscribers" option for Kunena
- storing of information from messages in database - sender's name and/or e-mail address.

Is updated Joomla 2.5 version only!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chris Grant
post Nov 5 2012, 05:09 PM
Post #8

Thanks, I've downloaded it and will try it

QUOTE (Web Design Seo @ Nov 4 2012, 03:20 PM) *
Your recommendation is ok. I have not answer you, because we work on this function. Is ready - this function is built-in in next version of Post by Email plus one more.

The new version will be published in next 1-2 days.

Can you also please reply to my question about missing category in the loop and why replies get posted to the wrong category. New postings seem to work fine.

Thanks

Chris

+Quote Post
Web Design Seo
post Nov 6 2012, 07:08 AM
Post #9

Web Design Seo

Our programmer say me that there is no missing category in query and code is ok. You have option to post reply in topic, category have nothing about. If you have setup the id of right topic with write permissions, reply will be posted.

Work or not this function in your site? If not, we can check again.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chris Grant
post Nov 6 2012, 08:53 AM
Post #10

Thanks for getting back again

Pleae ask your programmer to look again. The controller.php loops through each email box (which is effectively a category set in the admin page) and the query in line 969

$db->setQuery("SELECT parent, thread, catid FROM #__kunena_messages WHERE subject={$db->quote($subject_to_match)} ORDER BY time DESC");
}

makes no check of the category. If you have many categories as most forums do, it may find the topic subject in more than one category meaning that $catid and $thread are now set to post this reply into the wrong category.

I wonder if you have tested it on a Kunena setup where there are identical message subjects in more than one category? Please try it and see what I mean.

My apologies if I am missing something but I just can't see how this code can work correctly.

Thanks and regards

Chris

+Quote Post
Ivan Stamenov
post Nov 6 2012, 10:39 AM
Post #11

Advanced User

Group: Advanced Member
Member No.: 761

Цитат(Chris Grant @ Nov 6 2012, 08:53 AM) *
Thanks for getting back again

Pleae ask your programmer to look again. The controller.php loops through each email box (which is effectively a category set in the admin page) and the query in line 969

}

makes no check of the category. If you have many categories as most forums do, it may find the topic subject in more than one category meaning that $catid and $thread are now set to post this reply into the wrong category.

I wonder if you have tested it on a Kunena setup where there are identical message subjects in more than one category? Please try it and see what I mean.

My apologies if I am missing something but I just can't see how this code can work correctly.

Thanks and regards

Chris

Hi, Mr. Grant.

You are absolutely right. To fix this bug, please replace lines 1012 to 1017 in controller.php:

Код
}

with:

Код
$db->setQuery("SELECT thread FROM #__kunena_messages WHERE catid=$catid AND subject={$db->quote($subject_to_match)} LIMIT 1");
if($thread = (int) $db->loadResult())

I remain with

Best regards,

Ivan

+Quote Post
Chris Grant
post Nov 7 2012, 06:17 PM
Post #12

Ivan

QUOTE (Ivan Stamenov @ Nov 6 2012, 11:39 AM) *
Hi, Mr. Grant.

You are absolutely right. To fix this bug, please replace lines 1012 to 1017 in controller.php:

[code]$db->setQuery("SELECT parent. . . . . . . .

Thanks for checking, I have updated my script but I have run out of downloads on my account for this so I wonder if you might give me another so I can get the next version including this fix when its ready.

The 'notify subscribers' works in theory but any Kunena language headers and footers are not processed but appear in the email message as 'COM_KUNENA_POST_EMAIL_FOOTER' instead of the language file text. This does not happen with posts directly from Kunena so there may be a library missing in your cron base file or something.

Best regards

Chris

+Quote Post
Ivan Stamenov
post Nov 8 2012, 09:13 AM
Post #13

Advanced User

Group: Advanced Member
Member No.: 761

Цитат(Chris Grant @ Nov 7 2012, 07:17 PM) *
Ivan

Thanks for checking, I have updated my script but I have run out of downloads on my account for this so I wonder if you might give me another so I can get the next version including this fix when its ready.

The 'notify subscribers' works in theory but any Kunena language headers and footers are not processed but appear in the email message as 'COM_KUNENA_POST_EMAIL_FOOTER' instead of the language file text. This does not happen with posts directly from Kunena so there may be a library missing in your cron base file or something.

Best regards

Chris

Hi, Chris.

I'll check with our admin about the additional downloads...

Regarding the missing language variables - I was unable to locate 'COM_KUNENA_POST_EMAIL_FOOTER' in any of the Kunena language files (using Comodo and "Search in files" on Kunena latest version's install package). Most of the notification language variables are defined in /administrator/components/com_kunena/language/xx-XX/xx-XX.com_kunena.libraries.ini and this file do gets loaded on line 622 in the Post By Email's controller...

Best regards,

Ivan

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Notepad++ New Line Replace
How to find and replace new line in Notepad++
0 Web Design Seo 3,179 8th December 2016 - 01:45 PM
Last post by: Web Design Seo
No New Posts Kunena Doesn't Show Up
Cannot select Kunena for my Postings
2 linienland 9,202 15th September 2015 - 12:53 PM
No New Posts Not Scrapping Anymore ?
problem with vimeo rss feed
0 _david 3,750 16th February 2015 - 10:14 AM
Last post by: _david
No New Posts Kunena 3.0 Release Breaks Post By Mail
Recently did a Kunena 3.0 upgrade to see what would happen
1 supamic 2,606 31st May 2013 - 05:36 AM
No New Posts Kunena 2.0.4 Jomsocial Plugin Conflict With Seolinks
0 NosyWeb 2,704 28th May 2013 - 01:21 PM
Last post by: NosyWeb
No new Kunena Integration Problems - Post By Email
[solved]
31 agrawal_atul 12,668 22nd April 2013 - 07:27 AM
No New Posts Postbyemail: Hyperlink Attachment Image
Link
1 Rossi 2,744 23rd July 2012 - 07:51 AM
No new Not On Front Page
5 IamJim 6,061 7th March 2012 - 04:55 PM
No new Not Send! It Is Not Possible To E-mail Address To Send!
[solved]
10 rogy 6,149 30th December 2011 - 02:44 PM
No new Topic has attachmentsNot Found - The Requested Url...
7 mxcpz 7,071 10th November 2010 - 02:40 PM
Last post by: 3D Web Design

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th September 2019 - 08:18 AM
Clicky Web Analytics