> Post By Email For Joomla, old version
Web Design Seo
post Apr 10 2010, 09:40 AM
Post #1

Web Design Seo

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

Цитат
To work with Wordpress aggregator pro in Joomla - to post in many joomla installations we have already developed a component wit name Post by Email for Joomla that takes what is sent from Wordpress aggregator pro to any email address and publish it in Joomla automatically.

Post by Email for Joomla v.1.3.4 automatically post in many joomla installations. Component can post on User Walls in JomSocial (com_community), in Kunena and in Agora Forum.

Post by email is tool that helps you to post articles in Joomla by sending it to specific (secret) e-mail address.
The original idea came from Wordpress, but we extended the functionality from there and now this component is much more powerful tool.

You can add as many as you want e-mails. every single e-mail can post articles in diferent sections and categories.

Here is screenshot from component:

Цитат
Post by Email for Joomla automatically post in joomla websites. We develop this componet to work with our Wordpress Aggregator Pro or Wordpress Aggregator Lite - to make possible that one joomla website grab content over rss feed and post content automatically in many other joomla sites.

Post by Email for Joomla retrieves all your emails from a mailbox and automatically place them as content in Joomla!

Post by Email allows sending content to your Joomla content via email or cellphone. Component can work with many configured email addresses.

Post by Email features (every option is individual for every email):
Associate email address with a specific section and category
- In which content section email will be published

- Where Post by Email put content: in Joomla content, on JomSocial Walls, in Kunena and in Agora forum.
- If post in forum, in which forum email will be posted.
- If is checked to post in JomSocial, on wall of which user content will be posted.
- Title of the content corresponds with subject line in email
- Set users with specific email addresses
- Specify specific Joomla section or category based on receiving email address or based on sending email address
- Default author alias of content
- Publish content automatically or not
- Publish content on Frontpage or not
- Option to delete processed email (after insert in joomla content)
- Cronjobs to automate import in content process

Default language of component is English, if language file is added Translation appeared in admin panel. Extension does not support encryption.

Where to see preferences for current email box?

Email settings are visible in hosting control panel only. This info is visible at this page:
Код
link-to-control-panel-of-host/frontend/x3/mail/clientconf.html?acct=email@web-site.com

See options from your cpanel, like in attached screen.

If there are no incoming server port - test first with standart port 110, if not working - with 25.

Useful Links:

Support topic
If you can change Readmore Separator In Post By Email
Example email for test: How to test Post By Email

Requirements of Post by email
Цитат
1. PHP 5.2+
2. MBString PHP extension: must be installed, enabled and properly configured.

How to setup Cron?

Here are two ways to schedule your mailboxes: Open cron jobs page in cpanel and set up cron:
Код
curl -sS "http://your-post-by-email-site.com/administrator/components/com_post_by_email/cron.post_by_email.php" >> /dev/null

or in this way:
Код
/usr/local/bin/php -q /relative path to host directory/public_html/administrator/components/com_post_by_email/cron.post_by_email.php >> /dev/null

Demo Site with backend access fro component
(database of demo is nulled every hour)

www.wordpressaggregator.site-design.org/administrator/
Username: demo
Password: demo123

Price 19$. Where to download?
Post by Email for Joomla
Our Google Plus pages: | 3D Web Design in Google+

--------------------
Правила на форума | Forum Rules | How to receive support. 3D Web Design: Уеб дизайн, Seo оптимизация, Web Site Extensions, Oscommerce Addons, Wordpress plugins and Joomla Extensions. Изработка на уеб сайтове и оптимизация на сайт за търсачки и Seo услуги.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
visitaglona
post May 2 2010, 09:04 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 114

Hi,

Nice component, already bought it and installed in a snap - no problem so far.
Still, I can not find where to read about cronjob and how to make settings for component.

Yes, yes, I did simple settings in backend, not a problem, but is there a possibilities to set something more advanced?

I.e.
- how to set schedule for checking mailboxes? or should I always do it manually?
- how to set in e-mail message following:
1. tittle of article
2. insert breakline (read more tag)
3. add pictures or attachments? if they are in email message, and PbM check mail, does it import (pics/attachments) to system and upload to server in any folders ? are there any limitations (formats, sizes, etc)?
4. any possibilities to format messages before as composing e-mail and thenb let PbM to use it?

Thanx

+Quote Post
nikita
post May 3 2010, 12:30 PM
Post #3

Developer

Group: Advanced Member
Member No.: 3

Hi visitaglona.

Here are two simple ways to schedule your mailboxes

Код
curl -sS "http://your-post-by-email-site.com/administrator/components/com_post_by_email/cron.post_by_email.php" >> /dev/null

Код
/usr/local/bin/php -q /relative path to host directory/public_html/administrator/components/com_post_by_email/cron.post_by_email.php >> /dev/null

Additional features are planned, but we expect raise of interest to the component before proceeding to the development of additional functionalities.

--------------------
problem solver

+Quote Post
lcdservices
post Jun 4 2010, 07:59 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 141

we are trying to use this with Kunena.
I notice that only public access forums (everyone) are available when setting up an email account. why is this? we want to create a forum that is not public access, but allows certain users to access via email.

lastly, your description of the component suggested that we can limit who can send to the respective email. in other words, we would only want certain users to be allowed to send emails to the forum. but i don't see anywhere in the interface where that is controlled. was that a misunderstanding of your features list?

+Quote Post
Web Design Seo
post Jun 5 2010, 07:12 AM
Post #5

Web Design Seo

Hello. Where you read this:
Цитат
who can send to the respective email

This is controlled over configured password of your email box.

You or some other user send email to some email address and this content is posted over post by email.
You can configure multiple email boxes - every email post to different place or in different website.

--------------------
Правила на форума | Forum Rules | How to receive support. 3D Web Design: Уеб дизайн, Seo оптимизация, Web Site Extensions, Oscommerce Addons, Wordpress plugins and Joomla Extensions. Изработка на уеб сайтове и оптимизация на сайт за търсачки и Seo услуги.

+Quote Post
Dev Team DTi
post Jun 24 2010, 05:43 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 156

does it add email as reply to an existing topic in kunena forums..? I mena like I am subscribed to a topic in forums and get a reply with update to the topic and reply that email, can your extension add it as reply to that topic in kunena..?

if no, do you give source code of your extension, if we want to modify it work it like this somehow..??

QUOTE (nikita @ Apr 16 2010, 03:29 AM) *
Post by email is tool that helps you to post articles in Joomla by sending it to specific (secret) e-mail address.
The original idea came from Wordpress, but we extended the functionality from there and now this component is much more powerful tool.

You can add as many as you want e-mails. every single e-mail can post articles in diferent sections and categories.

Here is screenshot from component:

Post by Email for Joomla retrieves all your emails from a mailbox and automatically place them as content in Joomla!

Post by Email allows sending content to your Joomla content via email or cellphone. Component can work with many configured email addresses.

Post by Email features (every option is individual for every email):
Associate email address with a specific section and category

- Where Post by Email put content: in Joomla content, on JomSocial Walls, in Kunena and in Agora forum.
- If post in forum, in which forum email will be posted.
- If is checked to post in JomSocial, on wall of which user content will be posted.
- Title of the content corresponds with subject line in email
- Set users with specific email addresses
- Specify specific Joomla section or category based on receiving email address or based on sending email address
- Default author alias of content
- Publish content automatically or not
- Publish content on Frontpage or not
- Option to delete processed email (after insert in joomla content)
- Cronjobs to automate import in content process

Default language of component is English, if language file is added Translation appeared in admin panel.

Demo Site with backend access
(database of demo is nulled every hour)
http://wordpressaggregator.site-design.org/administrator/
Username: demo
Password: demo123

Price 19$. Where to download?
Post by Email for Joomla

+Quote Post
Web Design Seo
post Jun 24 2010, 06:39 AM
Post #7

Web Design Seo

Цитат
Additional features are planned, but we expect raise of interest to the component before proceeding to the development of additional functionalities.

Welcome to our support forum, Dev Team DTi.
At this time this is not possible, every time new topic is created.

Цитат
if no, do you give source code of your extension, if we want to modify it work it like this somehow..??

Our component is paid but is Open Source. All source code is visible and editable.
I see that your website is site of webdesign company. Buy Post by Email and modify. You can modify extension for personal use (but not for resale).

--------------------

+Quote Post
lcdservices
post Jul 1 2010, 04:35 PM
Post #8

we have set this up but have not been able to get it to successfully poll and retrieve the email box. we've confirmed settings for the email and have accessed the account through a mail client to ensure the settings are working and that emails are being delivered. but when we run the retrieval script via url, it says 0 emails were processed.

any suggestions for troubleshooting?

+Quote Post
lcdservices
post Jul 3 2010, 12:57 PM
Post #9

i've made some progress getting this up and running. it looks like the tool is not compatible with all mail servers.

i first tried implementing with a mailbox on a server running Exim, and couldn't get it going. i traced the code and worked through some of the issues. part of the problem is that Exim returns a 220 code when it successfully connects, but this extension is reading that as an error and quitting. i've since tried it on an email account running different mail server software and it seems to be working.

re: the option to delete processed content --
so it appears if you don't enable that option, the system will continue to re-import the same emails to the system. i was hoping the tool would allow the emails to reside on the server as an archive, but track which ones had already been imported.

it also looks like this does not support POP3 over SSL?

+Quote Post
Web Design Seo
post Jul 5 2010, 09:22 AM
Post #10

Web Design Seo

Yes, extension does not support SSL. Why you use encription with this extension smile.gif idea is that you must create email box with secret name like: kg2lu5ht4k8o98ygwg5eb (in example)

--------------------

+Quote Post
lcdservices
post Jul 5 2010, 10:01 AM
Post #11

Using SSL or not using SSL is not always an option.
For example, GMail accounts only accept POP3 connections over SSL. So this extension cannot be used with GMail accounts -- which I think is significant.

+Quote Post
Web Design Seo
post Jul 7 2010, 02:09 PM
Post #12

Web Design Seo

I think that you can use GMail without encryption, I recommend that you seek a decision on Internet, surely there is a way, may be some option in gmail options. I dont use gmail and I can not give you advice about it - my personal websites are really big number and I use throughout their own mailboxes.

Also we have not written anywhere that our extension support encryption. In example wordpress and its functionality also does not support encryption.

P.S. I just edit description of functions and add in bold: Extension does not support encryption.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Web Design Seo
post Jul 7 2010, 02:26 PM
Post #13

Web Design Seo

NEW version is developed - Post By Email 1.2

New option in v.1.2 - Component now can post in selected by id topic in Kunena forum.

Many thanks to Dev Team DTi

We start sell this version tomorrow. All users can update (from tomorrow) our version for free from your account - My Orders Menu

--------------------

+Quote Post
Web Design Seo
post Jul 22 2010, 01:11 PM
Post #14

Web Design Seo

Component is Updated on our file directory Today, page navigation bug is fixed.

All users that buy Post By Email should update component for FREE from My orders menu

If some user cant update component, please send me PM or send me email (from email address of user that buy component) and i send you by email new version.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Holger
post Aug 3 2010, 08:31 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 196

QUOTE (nikita @ May 3 2010, 01:30 PM) *
CODE

CODE

Hi,

first of all thanks for this great component!

About auto-scheduling a task to check for mails within the mailbox: I am using JCron Scheduler, that provides the options: "SSH command", "Web Address fopen()", "Web Address fsockopen()" and "Plugin". Having no clue, would you please provide me an instruction which option to take with which of the above commands!?? rolleyes.gif

best regards, Holger

+Quote Post
Web Design Seo
post Aug 4 2010, 06:17 AM
Post #16

Web Design Seo

Hello, Holger. We dont use JCron Scheduler... may be: "Web Address fopen()" or "Web Address fsockopen()".
Your cron is activating over run of web address like this:
www.your-site.com/administrator/components/com_post_by_email/cron.post_by_email.php

We release new version that fix two bugs - Post by Email v.1.3.1.
I send today new version over email to all users that already buy component.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Web Design Seo
post Oct 22 2010, 01:39 PM
Post #17

Web Design Seo

New version of Post by Email v.1.3.2.

Today we release New version of component - Post by Email v.1.3.2. If you have newest version of kunena forum on site, update your Post by Email installation.

No other changes in component, only compatibility with latest Kunena 1.6.0 is added.

--------------------

+Quote Post
nikita
post Oct 29 2010, 02:12 PM
Post #18

Developer

Group: Advanced Member
Member No.: 3

We found that in some old versions of PHP there can be a problem with cron.post_by_email.php.
The problem consists in function strrpos(), this function happens to be with unpredictable behavior on diferent php platforms and php versions.

If you have this problem, try this simple workaround!

If you got this error:

Код
Warning: main(/home/user/public_html/administrator/components/com_post_by_email/includes/defines.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/user/public_html/administrator/components/com_post_by_email/cron.post_by_email.php on line 17

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/user/public_html/administrator/components/com_post_by_email/includes/defines.php' (include_path='.:/opt/apache/lib/php') in /home/user/public_html/administrator/components/com_post_by_email/cron.post_by_email.php on line 17

open cron.post_by_email.php

replace line 17
Код
define('JPATH_BASE', substr(__FILE__,0,strrpos(__FILE__, DS."components")));

with
Код
define('JPATH_BASE',preg_replace('/(.*?)\\'.DS.'components.*?$/','\1',__FILE__));

Enjoy! wink.gif

--------------------
problem solver

+Quote Post
Web Design Seo
post Nov 19 2010, 04:09 PM
Post #19

Web Design Seo

Today is released new version - Post by Email 1.3.3. Newest version fix small bugs and is released to work with newest version of Kunena.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Web Design Seo
post Nov 22 2010, 11:25 AM
Post #20

Web Design Seo

Today Post by Email component is updated to work with newest Jomsocial. Newest version is tested and is working with Jomsocial 1.8.11 and with Jomsocial 2.0.

Please, login and download update from menu that appear at top left after login "My orders"

P.S. Support questions are moved in support topic here.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No new Pinned: Post By Email Pro
Pro version of Post By Email component
82 Ivan Stamenov 39,160 16th October 2014 - 02:08 PM
Last post by: Web Design Seo
No New Posts Joomla Scrapper Subscription And Licensing Model
3 omoj 295 15th October 2014 - 06:06 AM
No new Post By Email - Help, Problem With Airmail Email-program
5 tompuchner 445 13th October 2014 - 02:54 PM
No new Post By Email - Kunena Problems
5 Moose 397 13th October 2014 - 10:55 AM
No new Pinned: Topic has attachmentsJoomla Scraper, Grabber For Joomla
Joomla Scraper Can Grab Any Content From Any Website
78 Web Design Seo 42,478 6th October 2014 - 09:52 AM
No New Posts Post By Email, Sender Email
1 Peter S 746 15th September 2014 - 02:04 PM
Last post by: pavelKukov
No New Posts Post By Email, Pdf Attachment
1 Peter S 1,238 15th September 2014 - 02:00 PM
No New Posts Post By Email - Format Of Attached Image
1 tompuchner 643 15th September 2014 - 08:00 AM
No New Posts Post By Email - Attachment Bug?
0 tompuchner 1,966 4th September 2014 - 12:07 PM
Last post by: tompuchner
No New Posts Post By Email - Filter Text Out Of Email
2 tompuchner 1,147 2nd September 2014 - 10:41 AM
Last post by: tompuchner

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2014 - 11:00 AM

share and like 3D Web Design
and

Web Analytics