Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pbe Setup Questions
mozgras
post Apr 13 2013, 09:59 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,652

Hi,
1. I've set up PBE to post as reply, but it's creating a new topic instead. So instead of a reply post I'm getting a new topic:
Re: [WXXX Forum] Forum Reply Topic (Admin Discussion)

2. I've tried setting up the CRON, but it's not working. When I manually go to the cron url, it still doesn't work. If I use the import function, it works, so I know the email settings are correct. I've tried both variations of the cron job listed in your forum.

3. Is there any way to stop user's email auto responders from posting? It seems that user's "I'm away" or "out of the office" emails will be posted.

Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
pavelKukov
post Apr 15 2013, 11:45 AM
Post #2

Php programmer

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 1,452

Цитат(mozgras @ Apr 14 2013, 12:59 AM) *
Hi,
1. I've set up PBE to post as reply, but it's creating a new topic instead. So instead of a reply post I'm getting a new topic:
Re: [WXXX Forum] Forum Reply Topic (Admin Discussion)

2. I've tried setting up the CRON, but it's not working. When I manually go to the cron url, it still doesn't work. If I use the import function, it works, so I know the email settings are correct. I've tried both variations of the cron job listed in your forum.

3. Is there any way to stop user's email auto responders from posting? It seems that user's "I'm away" or "out of the office" emails will be posted.

Thanks.

1. Soon this issue will be fixed. PBE will be able to parse "Re: [Forum] Topic (Category)". Even "Re: Re : Re: Fwd : [Forum] Topic (Category)"

2. CRON do NOT work directly from browser because on users request. It is possible to enable this for debug or other purposes by making following changes:

2.1. Open file "\administrator\components\com_post_by_email\cron.post_by_email.php" and replace

Код
if (!empty($_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'])) exit;

with
Код
//if (!empty($_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'])) exit;

2.2. Open file "\administrator\components\com_post_by_email\controller.php" and replace (it is located around line 80 in body of the function named "cron" )

Код
if (!empty($_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'])) exit;

with
Код
//if (!empty($_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'])) exit;

3. There is no way to stop user's email auto responders from posting.

________________________________________________________________________________

In your particular case CRON may not work because of missing server components, misconfiguration or components version incompatibility. If you have access to server it is possible to test CRON from terminal:

Код
cd /var/www/my joomla instalation
php -q ./administrator/components/com_post_by_email/cron.post_by_email.php

Else remove CRON protection and make test in browser.

If you make some tests why CRON is not work, please share the results with us.

--------------------
Php programmer in 3D Web Design

+Quote Post
Web Design Seo
post Apr 15 2013, 01:15 PM
Post #3

Web Design Seo

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

Цитат(pavelKukov @ Apr 15 2013, 02:45 PM) *
1. Soon this issue will be fixed. PBE will be able to parse "Re: [Forum] Topic (Category)". Even "Re: Re : Re: Fwd : [Forum] Topic (Category)"

mozgras, this is not bug and not issue, is new update of "Autoreply (RE and FWD)" function in Post By Email. I don't know why you so need this, but is already fixed especially for you and for agrawal_atul. New version is published before 5 minutes in our website and is available for download from users with active subscription.

--------------------
Правила на форума | Forum Rules | How to receive support. 3D Web Design: Уеб дизайн, Seo оптимизация, Web Site Extensions, Oscommerce Addons, Wordpress plugins and Joomla Extensions. Изработка на уеб сайтове и оптимизация на сайт за търсачки и Seo услуги.

+Quote Post
mozgras
post Apr 15 2013, 01:46 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 1,652

QUOTE (Web Design Seo @ Apr 15 2013, 09:15 AM) *
mozgras, this is not bug and not issue, is new update of "Autoreply (RE and FWD)" function in Post By Email. I don't know why you so need this, but is already fixed especially for you and for agrawal_atul. New version is published before 5 minutes in our website and is available for download from users with active subscription.

So, is the update ready now? Thank you very much. I was wondering if the solution would be to change how Kunena configured the email subject line so it would work.

+Quote Post
Web Design Seo
post Apr 15 2013, 02:20 PM
Post #5

Web Design Seo

Yes, is uploaded - download and use it.

--------------------
Правила на форума | Forum Rules | How to receive support. 3D Web Design: Уеб дизайн, Seo оптимизация, Web Site Extensions, Oscommerce Addons, Wordpress plugins and Joomla Extensions. Изработка на уеб сайтове и оптимизация на сайт за търсачки и Seo услуги.

+Quote Post
T.X.Shell
post Jun 24 2013, 10:03 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 1,734

QUOTE (Web Design Seo @ Apr 15 2013, 09:20 AM) *
Yes, is uploaded - download and use it.

Where do I download this? I just purchased PBE a couple days ago (June 21, 2013). Would I have been sent this updated version? I am having the same problem as the other 2 users you mentioned above. I am asking because I don't want to waste one of my 3 downloads if it's no different than I was attached to my email.
Thanks.

+Quote Post
Web Design Seo
post Jun 25 2013, 07:03 AM
Post #7

Web Design Seo

Цитат
You can download your items from meny My orders: http://3dwebdesign.org/en/my-orders
When you buy some extension from our site, our website send extension automatically to email from order after succesfull payment. Just check your email box (and your trash folder also).

You can buy with or without registration, but registration is needed to download updates for further versions of extension. In every extension is described number of updates that are for current extension.

If you are not registered, just register from here http://3dwebdesign.org/en/create-an-account.html
with exact email from order and your orders will be added automatically to your account.

After this you can download updates from here: http://3dwebdesign.org/en/my-orders

--------------------

+Quote Post
T.X.Shell
post Jun 25 2013, 02:10 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 1,734

I understand where to download this now, but my post ended with additional questions as to whether I received the most recent version or not in the email order confirmation with zip file. I mentioned that I didn't want to waste one of my 3 downloads (especially since this "paid" extension is so buggy sad.gif ). I want to be sure to update to versions that work well without additional cost.

Can I be sure that the file I received in my email June 21st is the same updated file that fixed the problems mozgras and agrawal_atul were having.

Please let me know. Thanks

+Quote Post
Web Design Seo
post Jun 25 2013, 02:26 PM
Post #9

Web Design Seo

Every day are released new joomla versions, new php versions and new versions of components integrated with our extension (4 different components plus com_content). And we must update it every time. angry.gif

If you don't trust us, send pm to agrawal_atul or wait when this user will post and confirm your questions.

P.S By the way, agrawal_atul problem is due on: user try to use older version (without joomla 3 and kunena 3 support) with joomla 3 and kunena 3.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Questions About Mailorder Email
1 n-b 3,245 14th July 2015 - 07:31 AM
Last post by: Web Design Seo
No New Posts Questions About Seo Pagination Plugin Integration
RedShop, RedEvent and Virtuemart integration
1 Web Design Seo 3,078 13th November 2011 - 07:11 AM
Last post by: Web Design Seo
No New Posts Questions About Sh404sef And Aggregator In Huge Site