Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Extensions Support
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Microformat Plugin Snippett Code Instructions, Where to place micro snippet code in articles, support topic
gazzoo
post Jun 11 2011, 12:36 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 805

hi!

I have purchased the microformats seo plugin. it works fine on my site. however, is it possible that the rating stars are being displayed anywhere within the content?

regards

oliver
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Web Design Seo
post Jun 11 2011, 04:12 PM
Post #2

Web Design Seo

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

Welcome to our forum, gazzoo.

I dont understand your question. The rating stars already are displayed anywhere within content - if you are switched on rating in current article rating will shown.

Only this is important:
Цитат
switch ON Check DB option

--------------------
Правила на форума | Forum Rules | How to receive support. 3D Web Design: Уеб дизайн, Seo оптимизация, Web Site Extensions, Oscommerce Addons, Wordpress plugins and Joomla Extensions. Изработка на уеб сайтове и оптимизация на сайт за търсачки и Seo услуги.

+Quote Post
gazzoo
post Jun 11 2011, 04:38 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 805

hi!

thanks for the quick reply. sorry, that i didn't make myself clear.

the plugin shows right below the title of the article. is it possible that the plugin is being loaded in the middle of the article? please check out this site:

i don't know what he is using but the rating shows below the video. i would like to do the same on my page

regards

This post has been edited by gazzoo: Jun 12 2011, 12:26 PM

+Quote Post
Web Design Seo
post Jun 12 2011, 10:29 AM
Post #4

Web Design Seo

The only way is to change plugin to show at end of article - change in plugin this:
Код
$mainframe->registerEvent( 'onBeforeDisplayContent', 'plgMicroformatsvotes' );

to this:
Код
$mainframe->registerEvent( 'onAfterDisplayContent', 'plgMicroformatsvotes' );

P. S. PLease, dont post links to cаsino websites here.

--------------------
Правила на форума | Forum Rules | How to receive support. 3D Web Design: Уеб дизайн, Seo оптимизация, Web Site Extensions, Oscommerce Addons, Wordpress plugins and Joomla Extensions. Изработка на уеб сайтове и оптимизация на сайт за търсачки и Seo услуги.

+Quote Post
mrmadmin
post Jan 19 2012, 04:41 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 1,047

Hello - I just purchased microvote plugin for J17

Prior to purchase i emailed you about this plugin working within a JCE template - which pre-loads into the editor and then allows the users to customize their content via the guide prior to submission.

I know this plugin is designed to work with new articles - but in my email I was told that the plugin would work in the JCE template html as well.

Can you please provide me the steps for inserting the code snippet into the html template?

Kind regards,

laugh.gif

PS - you really need to get integrated login - I login to main site and then goto this forum and cannot access? Need to create another account - cmon guys - you should know better than this...

+Quote Post
Web Design Seo
post Jan 21 2012, 07:54 AM
Post #6

Web Design Seo

I say yoy that is possible but only if you edit source code. Where you have read that i promise to do this?

And about forum - this is separate cms named IPB, not Joomla. There is no need to duplicate login details in both site and forum - forum can be locked only for paid support and only for buyers in some moment of history.

--------------------

+Quote Post
NosyWeb
post Feb 1 2012, 12:45 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 1,063

Hello,

Your plugin is great ! rolleyes.gif.

I have the Joomla 1.7 version but I haven't the "switch ON Check DB" option, all my votes are 0 (or 1 if I voted) .

Also, I can't disable votes in blog view as you can see here :
http://www.nosyweb.fr/news-joomla/joomla-2...disponible.html
I write "com_content:blog;" in "Disabled views" field.

Can you help me ?
Thanks.

--------------------
Vive l'e-Learning, Vive Joomla!, Vive la formation Joomla !

+Quote Post
Web Design Seo
post Feb 1 2012, 01:06 PM
Post #8

Web Design Seo

Код
com_content:blog

is right value.

To have more votes you may need to configure other rating interval or vote from other ip address.

--------------------

+Quote Post
NosyWeb
post Feb 1 2012, 01:21 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 1,063

If I understand, "switch ON Check DB" option doesn't exist on Joomla 1.7 version and I have to motivate users to vote. Ok, no problem, I had not a lot of votes.

I have tried with
CODE
com_content:blog

but same problem.
Perhaps I have to configure something in Joomla ? Show votes is ok in content parameters.

Thanks

EDIT : Finally, I think the "switch ON Check DB" option is automatic with Joomla 1.7 version

This post has been edited by NosyWeb: Feb 1 2012, 09:51 PM

--------------------
Vive l'e-Learning, Vive Joomla!, Vive la formation Joomla !

+Quote Post
Triplex
post Feb 2 2012, 08:08 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 1,064

Hello@all,

thanks first for this great plugin!
I have still some questions, where are not really clear.

I´ve checked this:

http://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/ric...rg%2F&view=

Why they write this?
Warning: If count is specified in review aggregate, page should contain reviews. Otherwise you may want to use votes. More information about aggregate reviews.

So far i understand, it´s not allowed from google´s site to use the “review“ snippet when the does not include the Reviews. So with your Rating Star plugin the user vote only, but they don’t do a review.

Or I misunderstand something wrong what google want here?

For what is this code and what can i optimize or change here?
CODE
({num_votes} #LANG_VOTES, #LANG_AVERAGE {num_average} #LANG_OUTOF)

Where I can adjust, or see which snippets are possible, so it will appear in Google like this (or in other ways):
**** 9 Reviews – Price range: £XXX

??

Or in german language

***** 9 Bewertungen – Preisspanne: XXX ?

??

Thank you very much for fast support me :-)

+Quote Post
Web Design Seo
post Feb 2 2012, 08:16 AM
Post #11

Web Design Seo

Microformats seo votes for joomla work pefect with Joomla 2.5. Is tested today on latest version of Joomla 2.5:

You can see test here:
Код
http://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/richsnippets?url=http%3A%2F%2Fvrati-bg.eu%2Fj17%2Fstatia&view=

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Stamenov
post Feb 2 2012, 11:30 AM
Post #12

Advanced User

Group: Advanced Member
Member No.: 761

Hello, Triplex!

In order of your questions:

1. Google does allow it and the snippet is displayed correctly, but the plugin does need to use votes instead of reviews or to include review texts. This issue will be corrected in one of the plugin's next versions...

2. This code sets the format of the text message that is displayed with the rating stars on a page. The #LANG_XXX bits are language constants defined in the corresponding language files. {num_votes} is replaced with the current number of votes for the requested item and {num_average} is replaced with the average of the user votes. So the final result is something like this: 1 vote, average 5.00 out of 5. You may alter this code as well as the language constants in order to adjust the text message in the most suitable way for your needs.

3. In order to achieve this behaviour with our component you should rewrite the plugin to retrieve your products info from your database and you must change the rich snippets format from Review to Product... There is no easy way to do this.

Best regards,

Ivan

+Quote Post
Triplex
post Feb 2 2012, 11:35 AM
Post #13

QUOTE (Ivan Stamenov @ Feb 2 2012, 12:30 PM) *
1. Google does allow it and the snippet is displayed correctly, but the plugin does need to use votes instead of reviews or to include review texts. This issue will be corrected in one of the plugin's next versions...

Hell Ivan,

cold wather here uhhh :-)

Thank you for your fast reply.

Is the 1. what i have quoted here not bad? I mean will i get trouble with google for that issue? Because they write it exactly on there pages, that this isnt allowed.

The other question is, is it neccassary to register the snippet per Google form?
Or google will find the snippet byself and if it´s like my site it appears in the serps?

best regards

Triplex

+Quote Post
Web Design Seo
post Feb 2 2012, 12:00 PM
Post #14

Web Design Seo

Цитат
I mean will i get trouble with google for that issue

No.

Цитат
Because they write it exactly on there pages, that this isnt allowed.

Not allowed mean that possible rich snippets will be not shown in google serp. Only this and possible.

Цитат
The other question is, is it neccassary to register the snippet per Google form?

I think that at this time this is not obligatory. We upload extension on our site articlespinner.eu and rich snippets are shown without register and sending email to google in about one-two weeks.

Read this:
Код
http://insidesearch.blogspot.com/2012/01/30-search-quality-highlights-with.html

Цитат
More rich snippets. We improved our process for detecting sites that qualify for shopping, recipe and review rich snippets. As a result, you should start seeing more sites with rich snippets in search results.

These improvements of google algorithm are developed in december 2011 and are working in search algorithm from 5 january 2012.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Triplex
post Feb 3 2012, 08:50 AM
Post #15

Hello again :-)

first thank you very much for your fast answers!

I have still one question, is your plugin supporting this format too?
http://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/ric...uk%2F&view=

So that i have like this in SERPS: "Rating: 9.7/10 - 451 reviews"
If no, what are the costs when you do this for me (coding)?

best regards

Triplex

+Quote Post
easyfund
post Feb 4 2012, 10:50 PM
Post #16

Member No.: 1,066

Hello and greetings!

I purchased your microformats plugin and am attempting to get the configuration correct on my J1.7 site

Here is the article I have inserted your code snippet and other config settings

ARTICLE CONFIG SCREENSHOT

This is the article where the code should be appearing but is not.

ARTICLE SCREENSHOT WITH NO PLUGIN

I have cleared all cashe and reloaded the page. The plugin is activated in system plugins.

Regards,

Easy

+Quote Post
easyfund
post Feb 4 2012, 11:27 PM
Post #17

Hello.

I am attempting to insert your microvoting snippet code into an article. I have allowed registered users to add content to our Joomla site. In one section, they can upload a new article. The article editor is JCE and when it loads, we have a template file loading in a guide for user submission. We desire to include the microvoting snippet inside the article so that once the article is approved by administrator, it shows up live with the rating stars next to the article title.

We have inserted the snippet code into the template html code as a manner of placing it into the article. It is now appearing visible as plain text to the registered users.

Can you please explain the procedure on how to get the code inserted into the articles and not being visible?

HTML TEMPLATE CODE with SNIPPET SCREENSHOT

ARTICLE FRONT END SNIPPET CODE VISIBLE SCREENSHOT

Thanks!!

+Quote Post
easyfund
post Feb 5 2012, 12:55 AM
Post #18

QUOTE (Web Design Seo @ Jun 6 2011, 04:56 AM) *
Today is added full guide - how-to activate rich snippets features for your website.

So where is the "full guide" you speak about. I have searched your entire website and cannot find any documentation on this plugin except this one forum thread. Also your website does not translate properly into English - many pages are in your language which I cannot read.

Please post an active link to this guide because I have tried to configure the microvote plugin using the limited instructions on this page and gone to the Google test page and with my URLs that have your snippet code {plgMFV} inserted into content - yet they come back and tell me that the page has no snippet.

GOOGLE SNIPPETS TEST TOOL SCFEENSHOT

This plugin looks promising. Before I purchased it I asked you specifically if I could insert a code snippet inside a content item in order to make it work. You replied that this would be possible. I then purchased the plugin a week or so ago. Since that time you have upgraded the plugin - but when I login to your website and try to download the new version - it tells me I need to pay again - you do not have configured a "my downloads" section to your website so how am I able to access upgrades to plugins I purchase? Do I need to email you every time? This is very inefficient. Try to setup your website like many Joomla Developers and allow a page for users to access all their content paid for. If a new version becomes available and the subscription time is valid - then the user can download the new content.

+Quote Post
Web Design Seo
post Feb 5 2012, 07:31 AM
Post #19

Web Design Seo

Hello, easyfund. Guide with description of functions is exact this topic here. Link to this topic is included in product also.

Plugin is simple, there is no need to write big guide. Just switch off standart joomla votes and switch on our plugin.

If you have troubles (plugin not work with your template or other), please, read link how to receive support in my signature - is in every post in support forum and just follow these steps.

Note that support is active only in working days and working time.

--------------------

+Quote Post
fungraphic
post Feb 5 2012, 06:04 PM
Post #20

Member No.: 1,067

Hello,
I installed the plugin without problem.
I tested this link to see the result but google makes mistakes.

http://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/ric...x.com&view=

Why it does not work?

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Pinned: Topic has attachmentsPlugin To Delete Expired Articles Automatically
plugin that automate deletion of expired articles
1 Web Design Seo 5,949 14th October 2019 - 06:37 AM
Last post by: Web Design Seo
No new Pinned: Topic has attachmentsMicroformats Seo Plugin For Rich Snippets In Joomla
Seo plugin to show Rich snippets in google over joomla votes
138 Web Design Seo 97,528 13th October 2016 - 09:30 AM
Last post by: Henry Douglas
No new Pinned: Microformats For Zen Cart
Microformats ratings for Zen Cart online stores
45 Web Design Seo 43,129 30th December 2015 - 11:11 AM
Last post by: Aldo Campione
No new Microformat: No Vote: Why?
MVF not works [solved]
29 bellatrix 24,783 17th November 2015 - 10:40 AM
Last post by: bellatrix
No New Posts Microformat Votes Not Working
voting stars appear but vote not registered
2 pomegranet 11,977 24th July 2014 - 08:55 AM
Last post by: pomegranet
No New Posts Microformats And Jdownloads - Presale Question
2 zaxavar 4,099 16th June 2014 - 11:59 AM
No New Posts Microformatsvotes Joomla Plugin
Can´t vote when clicking on the starts?
1 Falle 12,024 30th April 2014 - 06:22 AM
No New Posts Microformats Show Stars When ..google Want ? !
1 lalalas 12,073 23rd March 2014 - 12:20 PM
No New Posts Microformats Votes и Flexicontent
1 victorio04 12,646 12th March 2014 - 06:45 PM
No new Pinned: Microformats For Oscommerce
Microformats votes (Microformats ratings) for Oscommerce online shops
40 Web Design Seo 48,603 25th February 2014 - 01:29 PM
Last post by: Beleth

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th November 2019 - 02:11 AM
Clicky Web Analytics